Friday, August 31, 2012

2012 NCAAF Conference Previews Part 11

-Southeastern Conference-

Predicted Finish
WEST
1)LSU
    I think LSU will be just as good as last year's team and could be better if they get decent Quarterback play. The defense will be stacked and getting Alabama at home is why I have them at #1.
2)Alabama
    Alabama will be good but when you read off the names that this team loses on defense it's hard not to think there will be some drop off. The Tide can win every game but I just don't see it happening.
3)Arkansas
     I really want to put Arkansas ahead of Alabama but with a new coach I just cant do it. QB Tyler Wilson and RB Knile Davis will be at the helm of the league's best offense but I will keep them at #3 for now.
4)Auburn
     Auburn returns 15 starters and should be good but finishing this high will depend on the offense clicking with QB Kiehl Frazier. I'll admit some of the reason I like Auburn is Frazier's resemblance, if only in appearance, to Cam Newton.
5)Texas A&M
     I think they have talent to compete in the SEC but nothing tells me they will be better than last year when they won just 7 games.
6)Mississippi St
7)Ole Miss

EAST
1)Georgia
    They return their QB, RB, top 2 receivers, 9 defensive starters and oh, don't have to play LSU, Alabama and Arkansas. That would sum up why they are my favorite to win the East division.
2)South Carolina
    I'm not in love with the offense but I do think RB Marcus Lattimore has what it takes to carry the offense while the very good defense carries it through the season.
3)Tennessee
    Probably a stretch but having them at #3 is based on me thinking Tyler Bray is going to be a really good QB and that the defense will be pretty good.
4)Florida
    If Florida drops as low as I have them, people in Gainesville wont be happy. They return 17 starters and hope to actually be able to move the ball on offense this year. Many people have the Gators as a top 15 team but I dont see it.
5)Vanderbilt
   I have Vandy in front of Missouri as I think coach James Franklin along with 15 returners will put this team in good position.
6)Missouri
7)Kentucky

-Player of the Year-
  QB, Aaron Murray, Georgia

-Best Conference Games-
Florida vs. Georgia, Oct 27th
Tennessee @ South Carolina, Oct 27th
Alabama @ LSU, Nov 3rd
LSU @ Arkansas, Nov 23rd

No comments:

Post a Comment